CAREERS & JOB OPENINGS
Current Job Openings:
The Procurement Buyer/Planner has the primary responsibility of ensuring material availability to support the production schedule and to ensure production timelines meet the overall project schedule. Will need to act as a liaison between Project Management and Operations. Other responsibilities include managing inventory levels, actively scheduling and prioritizing production requirements, supporting material/product level revisions, interacting/coordinating with suppliers on a variety of topics, and supporting other business functions as required.
- Actively schedule orders through shop manually until ERP implemented and would then manage ERP scheduling.
- Place purchase orders with suppliers for the procurement of production material as required to meet quick demand and turnaround times.
- Monitor status of open purchase orders to ensure on-time delivery of all materials, including timely resolution, communication and mitigation of future potential problems, and active management/closure of “completed” PO’s.
- Manage vendor relationships with focus on cost savings and optimizing purchasing power.
- Expedite or defer orders as required based on schedule/inventory changes.
- Determine and establish optimal inventory levels based on forecast, demand variation and material lead times.
- Coordinate material flows throughout product/BOM changes, obsolescence, and the introduction of new suppliers and/or materials due to new product development.
- Manage and resolve issues regarding PO to invoice discrepancies, returns and quality problems with suppliers.
- Provide back-up support for supply chain functions including shipping, receiving, material handling and other duties as assigned.
- Setup & maintain material master system planning parameters (min/max, lead time, safety stocks).
- Collaborate with internal customers and provide a high level of customer service, including recommending solutions, resources, and alternative supply options.
- Ensure and promote compliance to Company and Procurement policies and procedures.
Education Experience and Key Attributes:
- BS/BA in Supply Chain, Business, Logistics – Preferred
- 3-5 years of experience in a buyer/planner/material scheduler role working in fabrication or manufacturing
- Knowledge of forecasting, MRP, supply chain, inventory management and warehousing disciplines
- Proficient with MS Office suite – advanced skills with MS Excel
- Strong sense of urgency & attention to detail
- Excellent organization, communication and follow-up skills
- Able to influence others & manage conflict
- Ability to self-direct and take constructive action in ambiguous situations
- Extremely high standards of excellence
- Analytical with a methodical approach to problem solving
- Experience establishing and employing demand-pull material planning methods