Autoquip Inc., in Menomonee Falls, WI is looking for an Automation Technician to join our team. Autoquip provides automation equipment for liquid spray-painting applications, engineering of custom robotic manufacturing cells, and technical resources to the industrial market.
- Respond to service calls at customer locations
- Assist salesman/GM in customer demonstrations
- Robotic troubleshooting and robotic painting programs
- Troubleshooting of paint peripheral equipment
- Modifying PLC and HMI applications to meet customer requirements
- Supervision of contractors or plant personnel during equipment installation and start up
- Control Panel Assembly
- Assist selecting and integrating sensors, PLCs, Drives
- Working with project managers, mechanical engineers, and Controls and Automation to meet project timelines
Successful candidates should have the following skills & experience:
- Prefer Engineering/Technical degree
- 2 or more years’ experience programming PLCs (AB, Factory Talk Studio, C-more preferred)
- 2 or more years’ experience troubleshooting electrical systems
- 2 or more years’ experience with low voltage and high voltage 3 phase systems
- Ability to read and modify electrical prints using AutoCAD
- Understanding of industrial network infrastructures, including Ethernet and DeviceNet
- Exposure to technologies such as RFID, vision systems, and robots
- Good interpersonal skills
- Competent in various PC related skills including MS Excel, MS Word, email, and the Internet
- Possess the ability to interact in a team environment with customers, other employees, and groups)
- Robot (Fanuc, ABB) troubleshooting and programming a plus.
- Strong Mechanical aptitude
- Possess a minimum of 2 years of experience
- Willingness to travel up to 25 – 50%. Some international travel (Mexico) may be required.
$55,000 -$60,000 annual salary, depending on experience.
To apply for this position, email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.