Mechanical Design Engineer
Autoquip Inc., in Menomonee Falls, WI is looking for a passionate, dedicated, and experienced Mechanical Design Engineer to join our team. Autoquip, Inc. is an industrial robotics integrator of modular manufacturing systems and service that installs robots worldwide. This is a full-time, salaried role.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment with daily task changes.
- Prepare accurate engineering drawings and layouts with BOM’s using SolidWorks, AutoCAD, and others.
- Revise existing products collaborating with sales, manufacturing, other engineering disciplines and customer feedback to upgrade and improve our products.
- Design parts and machine assemblies using materials and components that are cost effective and meet lead time requirements.
- Ensure that the product/machine is being built properly and according to design specifications through the entire project, from initial design to installation.
Duties Include, But Are Not Limited To, The Following
- Verify designs following our company procedure, regulations, and customer specifications.
- Will need to meet, discuss, and communicate system or machine design and changes with customer input.
- Review project requirements and adhere to timelines to meet project milestones with the project team (internal and external).
- Some travel to job sites or factories may be required to measure physical dimensions for machinery and observe production line processes
- Assist in the coordination of manufacturing sub-contractor(s).
- Use precision measuring and inspection tools to verify vendor quality, and aid in design when requested by fellow employees.
- Develop strong relationship with machine shop team to coordinate priorities, modifications, etc.
- Associate degree AND 2 years of experience using SolidWorks and engineering, design, or project/product experience; OR
- Bachelor’s Degree of engineering, design, or project/product experience
- General mechanical skills, ability to follow safety guidelines, and capable of using hand tools
- Associates or higher degree in Mechanical Design / Engineering
- 5+ years of engineering, design, or project/product experience
- Experience with Engineering or Project Management in robotics and fluid management
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- SolidWorks / AutoCAD or 3D Cad equivalent / Excel / broad engineering knowledge
- Experience with technical writing of manuals, work instructions, or flyers preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Offer a competitive benefits package that includes, Health insurance, Dental insurance, Life insurance, 401K, paid holidays, Vacation/PTO
- Autoquip is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace